What we believe about marriage:
Marriage is an institution created by God for a man and a woman to become husband and wife for as long as they both shall live. As such, we at Cornerstone want to ensure that any couple we marry is set up for a successful and lasting marriage. Ultimately, that is dependent upon those making the vows, but we approach our role with a profound sense of responsibility.
Requirements for a Cornerstone Pastor to Conduct Your Wedding:
1. Both bride and groom must individually profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).
2. The couple must complete the pre-marriage assessment used by Cornerstone.
3. The couple must complete pre-marriage coaching with a Cornerstone pastor or through a Cornerstone-approved marital coach. The best course for pre-marriage coaching will be determined through discussion with the Cornerstone pastor conducting the wedding.
4. The Cornerstone pastor conducting the wedding may require you to read recommended books to compliment the pre-marriage coaching.
5. There is a fee of $400* for a Cornerstone pastor to conduct the wedding. This fee covers all pre-marriage coaching sessions with the pastor (4-6, 90min sessions), planning of the ceremony, attendance at the rehearsal, and officiating the ceremony. In addition, all travel expenses for the pastor must be covered. (*In some cases, the Cornerstone pastor may recommend pre-marriage coaching through a third-party pre-marriage coach at the couple's expense. In such cases, the wedding fee is reduced to $200.)
6. A $200 deposit is required up-front and the remaining balance is due within 10 days after the wedding ceremony. Please make all checks out to Cornerstone Community Church with the pastor’s name & “officiant” in the memo. Please mail checks to: 3000 Berkmar Dr. Charlottesville VA, 22901.